The Center's FREE health policy seminar series: 2013
May 14, 2013
From health care reform in the United States to health care costs around the world, the Center is pleased to host leading health policy experts at our lunchtime seminar series.
The seminars take place once a month at the Center's offices for approximately one hour. The venue address is: 10960 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90024 - Suite 1550. [Map]
Speakers are listed in advance so please check back regularly for updates to our schedule or subscribe to our e-newsletter for instant notification of upcoming seminars.
The Center's Health Policy Seminar Series is on summer break and will resume in September. Please check back with us here to view upcoming speakers or receive announcements by subscribing to our e-newsletter.
VIEW PAST SEMINARS ON VIDEO:
Past speakers include:
- John Ovreteit, director of research and professor of health innovation and evaluation at the Karolinska Institute
- Steven P. Wallace, Center associate director and professor in the UCLA School of Public Health
- Dani Filc and Nadav Dividovitch, senior lecturers, Ben Gurion University, Israel.
- Sheila Kuehl, former chair of the California Senate Health Committee
- Mark Litwin, professor of health services, UCLA School of Public Health, and urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
- Dylan H. Roby, research scientist, UCLA Center for Health Policy Research; assistant professor, UCLA School of Public Health.
- Jean Balgrosky, a UCLA lecturer on information technology and former SVP and chief information officer for Scripps Health and chief information officer for Holy Cross Health System; and Paul C. Fu Jr., an associate clinical professor in the UCLA Department of Pediatrics and Health Services (where he also serves as director of clinical informatics) and the former chief medical information officer at the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services. Watch the seminar.
- Allison K. Hoffman, faculty associate, UCLA Center for Health Policy Research; acting professor, UCLA School of Law. Watch the seminar.
- Robert M. Kaplan, incoming director of the National Institutes of Health's Office of Behavioral and Social Science Research. Watch the seminar.
- Gerald F. Kominski, associate director of the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research and professor in the UCLA School of Public Health.
...and many more!